【Narita Travel #2】AEON Mall Narita: The Perfect Last Stop Before Your Flight

 

【Narita Travel #2】AEON Mall Narita: The Perfect Last Stop Before Your Flight

In my previous post, I introduced Naritasan Shinshoji Temple.

This time, I'd like to introduce one of my favorite shopping spots in Narita—AEON Mall Narita.

There are several shopping centers around Narita Airport, but this is the one I recommend the most.

I've noticed that many international travelers visit AEON Mall on the last day of their trip.

After enjoying everything Japan has to offer, you often end up with a few hours before your flight.

If that's the case, AEON Mall is a perfect place to spend your remaining time.

You can buy any souvenirs you forgot, pick up Japanese snacks and local foods, and enjoy one last shopping trip before heading to the airport.

Getting There from Narita Airport

If you've already visited Naritasan Shinshoji Temple, you can take a local bus from Narita Station to AEON Mall Narita.

If you're traveling directly from Narita Airport—or returning to the airport after shopping—the direct shuttle bus from Terminal 2 is the easiest option.

The shuttle usually runs about once every hour.

The fare is only ¥300.

Convenient Airport-Like Services

Because the mall is located close to Narita Airport, it offers many services that are especially useful for travelers.

On the first floor, you'll find a large Tax-Free Counter.

There are also ATMs and foreign currency exchange machines, making it almost as convenient as the airport itself.

A Supermarket Loved by Locals

The first floor also has a large supermarket.

It's actually one of the supermarkets where I do my own grocery shopping.

Since many local residents shop here, you'll find products that aren't usually available in tourist shops.

I always enjoy looking for seasonal snacks and limited-edition products.

I also like buying heavier items such as Japanese miso or seasonings here at the end of my trip.

That way, I can simply fill the remaining space in my suitcase before heading to the airport. 😊

Our Family's Favorite: Marugame Seimen


On the second floor, you'll find a spacious food court.

Our family's favorite restaurant there is Marugame Seimen.

Although it's a nationwide chain, every store prepares fresh noodles in-house every day.

The noodles are wonderfully chewy, and the udon is always delicious.

If you're looking for one last authentic Japanese meal before flying home, I highly recommend stopping by.

Step Back in Time at "1-Chome 1-Banchi"

The second floor is filled with many different shops, but one store is especially unique.

It's called 1-Chome 1-Banchi.

The shop recreates the atmosphere of Japan's Showa era and sells nostalgic snacks, toys, and retro goods.

Whenever my nieces and nephews visit from Korea, this is always one of the places we stop by.

Both children and adults can have a great time here.

Don't Forget DAISO

After you've finished shopping, head toward the bus stop on the first floor.

The bus stop is located near Starbucks.

Right next to it is a DAISO store.

Even while waiting for the bus, the kids always manage to sneak into DAISO saying,

"Just five minutes!" 😄

Travel Times

From Narita Airport to AEON Mall Narita, the shuttle bus takes about 20 minutes.

From Narita Station, it's about 10 minutes by bus.

If you're carrying a lot of luggage, taking a taxi is another option.

A taxi ride to the airport usually costs around ¥3,000–¥5,000.

Just remember that taxis in Japan charge a 20% late-night surcharge between 10:00 PM and 5:00 AM.


Planning to Visit Don Quijote Too?


Don Quijote Narita is about a 5–10 minute walk from AEON Mall.

If you're planning to visit both places, I recommend going to Don Quijote first.

Unlike AEON Mall, Don Quijote doesn't have a shuttle bus to the airport.

Walking back with lots of shopping bags can be tiring, so visiting Don Quijote first makes the trip much easier.

Free Coin Lockers

AEON Mall also has coin lockers throughout the building.

Some of them are even free to use.

They're a great way to store your luggage and enjoy shopping without carrying heavy bags around.


It's funny...

Even just writing this blog makes me feel like I've burned a few calories. 😄

Maybe that's what getting older feels like!

I think it's time to finish today's post, make myself a nice cup of coffee, and take a short break.

I hope you enjoy a relaxing coffee break too. ☕😊

📍 Google Maps

🛍️ View AEON Mall Narita on Google Maps

🍜 View Marugame Seimen AEON Mall Narita on Google Maps

🚌 View Narita International Airport on Google Maps

🛒 View Don Quijote Narita Store on Google Maps



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Sleep Better During Summer in Japan: Tips for Hot and Humid Nights

Are Japanese Supermarkets Really Cheaper on Tuesdays? What I’ve Learned from Shopping in Japan

Why Is Summer in Japan So Hot? A Foreigner's Guide to Japan's Humid Summers and Heatstroke Prevention

Will Your Company Find Out About Your Side Income in Japan?

What Are We Buying Today? How I Choose Where to Shop in Japan

Thinking About Buying a Home in Japan? Here's What Prices Look Like by Region

Peach and Grape Picking in Japan: Seasons, Best Areas, and Tips

Japan's Summer Vacation Isn't the Same Everywhere — Here's Why

You Haven't Missed Them Yet — 20 Kanto Fireworks Festivals Still Happening This Summer